Anise Microgreens Seeds
product unavailableadd to wish list
Anise microgreens seeds- everything you need to know about it
Grown up version of Anise, also known as Pimpinella anisum from Latin language, is a flowering plant that is native to the Mediterranean region and Asia. It belongs to the Apiaceae family, which also includes carrots, celery, and parsley.
Adult plant produces tiny, white, cute flowers and green feathery leaves. The seeds have a distinctive sweet and licorice-like flavor, and are used in medicine and various cuisines.
Anise microgreens have a specific anise-like taste and have a similar look as parsley- green ragged leaves. They are similar to dill and chervil as well.
How to grow anise microgreens seeds? Cultivation tips
- To grow anise microgreens, you will need a shallow tray, good-quality soil, coco coir or coco mat, and of course the seeds themselves.
- Do not soak the seeds- as anise has small seeds it will not help them to germinate. So!
- Sprinkle the seeds evenly over the soil surface, making sure not to overcrowd or overwater the tray.
- Cover the tray and wait 2-5 days (germination period).
- Within a few days, you should see the sprouts start to emerge from the soil.
- After about one to two weeks in a sunny spot you can harvest your micros.
Usage and health benefits of anise microgreens
Anise is known for its medicinal properties. It has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for digestive issues such as bloating, gas, and indigestion. Anise tea, made by steeping anise seeds in hot water, is believed to soothe stomach discomfort and promote digestion.
Moreover, anise has been studied for its potential health benefits. It contains a compound called anethole, which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Anethole has been found to have a beneficial effect on blood sugar levels, and it may help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Overall, anise microgreens are a delicious and nutritious addition to any dish from salads, garnishes, soup or coctails. Whether you are a professional restaurant chef or a housewife, they are a versatile ingredient which will add a unique touch to a wide range of culinary creations.
All reviews (positive and negative) are displayed. We don't verify that they come from customers who have purchased the product.