Mung Beans seeds for microgreens and sprouts
Mung Beans are one of the most important legume vegetables in China and are widely used there. Mung bean microgreens and sprouts are tiny, tender, and incredibly nutritious mini plants that are harvested at an early stage of growth.
These miniature greens (both microgreens and sprouts) are packed with vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients, making them a popular choice for health-conscious individuals and culinary enthusiasts alike.
Cultivation tips for Mung Bean sprouts:
If you're looking to cultivate sprouts from mung beans, the process is simple and straightforward -
- soak your seeds for 12 hours,
- then place them in a sprouter for up to 2-4 days.
- They should be eaten straight forward.
- To ensure optimal flavour and nutrition, don't leave them exposed to too much light or heat!
Enjoy harvesting and eating fresh delectable sprouts at home or glasshouse anytime.
Cultivation tips for Mung Bean microgreens:
Interested in cultivating mung bean microgreens? Here are a few tips to get you started! Soak the seeds for 12 hours, then give them 3-4 days to germinate. The light growing phase will take another three days - but make sure not to use too much light exposure or your plants may become fibrous. For thicker stems, some growers like using ethelyne during certain stages of growth as practiced in China.
Mung bean microgreens and sprouts have a wide range of uses in both culinary and dietary contexts. Here are some common ways they can be used:
- Salads: Add a handful of mung bean microgreens to your salads for a fresh and nutritious crunch.
- Sandwiches and Wraps: Use microgreens to enhance the texture and flavor of sandwiches and wraps.
- Garnishes: Sprinkle mung bean microgreens over dishes as a vibrant and visually appealing garnish.
- Stir-Fries: Incorporate mung bean sprouts into stir-fries for added texture and nutrition.
- Soups: Drop a handful of mung bean sprouts into soups just before serving to add a crisp element to the dish.
- Smoothies: Blend mung bean microgreens into your smoothies for an extra nutrient boost.
- Omelettes: Fold mung bean sprouts into omelettes for a delightful crunch and flavor variation.
They are a rich source of protein and minerals: Potassium, Phosphorus, Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Zinc and vitamins: E, B2, B1, B6, B3. They are:
Nutrient Boost: Both mung bean microgreens and sprouts are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making them an excellent addition to a balanced diet.
Protein Source: Mung bean sprouts are a good source of plant-based protein, making them a valuable option for vegetarians and vegans.
Digestive Health: The enzymes present in mung bean sprouts can aid in digestion and promote gut health.
Weight Management: These greens are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a satisfying addition for those looking to manage their weight.
Vitamin Intake: Mung bean microgreens and sprouts can contribute to your daily intake of vitamins C and K.
Antioxidant Support: The antioxidants found in these greens can help combat oxidative stress in the body.
Texture and Flavor: Both microgreens and sprouts add a unique texture and mild flavor to dishes, enhancing the overall dining experience.
Both mung bean microgreens and sprouts are celebrated for their ease of cultivation, allowing individuals to enjoy homegrown greens without a significant investment of time or space. With their impressive nutritional profiles and culinary versatility, mung bean microgreens and sprouts have earned a well-deserved place on the plates of those seeking to enhance their diets with a dose of wholesome goodness.
|Seed Category:||Microgreens Seeds|
|Latin Name:||Vigna radiata|
|Seed count per gram:||10 seeds|
|Sow density 10x20 tray:||215 grams|
|Sprout in low temp.:||No|
|Soaking:||Yes up to 8 Hours|
|Blackout Time:||3-4 days|
|Total growing time:||8-9 days|
|Stem Color:||White to Pink|
|Nutrition benefits:||E, B1, B2, B3, B6, Ca, Mg, P|
Product reviews (0)
All reviews (positive and negative) are displayed. We don't verify that they come from customers who have purchased the product.