Nasturtium, Empress Of India microgreens seeds- tips and tricks how to grow it dark and easy
Currently we are low in stock in Nasturtium India, in meantime we recommend you to orderNasturtium Tom Thumb.
Introducing a bold and vibrant new addition to MP Seeds selection- dark selection of Nasturtium! Try out Empress of India microgreens variety for an experience of mixed in dark green and navy blue colored leaves. Add some flavor with its spicy yet cooling taste when you use these edible leaves with beautiful pink stem for dishes or creative look when decorating your plate. This variety of Nasturtium has much darker foliage than Nasturtium TomThumb but grows very similar to it. Two varieties compared on last photo in galery.
Cultivation recommendations in easy to go bulletpoints:
- Nasturtium seeds needs 6 hours soaking preparation.
- Germination period last 7 days.
- Sprouting takes around 7-10 days but it's definately worth waiting!
- Watch out for mold! Nasturtium has porous seeds that are susceptible to mold. Remember to keep your waterings low and cover the seeds with soil to prevent mold from spoiling all of your hard work.
- Growing Nasturtium microgreens is possible, even in cooler temperatures. If you want to cultivate them slowly without any worries about molding, lower the temperature and enjoy your bounty!
- When grown in good conditions grows as fast as weeds.
Nutrition facts and usage:
Nasturtium microgreens are packed with minerals, vitamins and essential oils to offer numerous healing properties – from high levels of Vitamins A, B & C and antioxidants - like fiber and copper. The plant also contains an enzyme called myrosinase which has powerful bactericidal, fungicidal as well as virucidal qualities. That's why nasturtium can be used for a natural antibiotic that combats certain fungi or infections. Its juice is even recommended for treating herpetic lesions, lichen planus dermosis. Plus it quickly reduces swelling after mosquito bites too!
|Variety:||Nasturtium Empress Of India|
|Seed Category:||Microgreens Seeds|
|Latin Name:||Tropaeolum majus nanum|
|Seed count per gram:||8 seeds|
|Sow density 10x20 tray:||200 grams|
|Sprout in low temp.:||No|
|Soaking:||Yes up to 6 hours|
|Blackout Time:||7 days|
|Total growing time:||14-17 days|
|Stem Color:||Light Green|
|Nutrition benefits:||A, B, C|
Product reviews (0)
All reviews (positive and negative) are displayed. We don't verify that they come from customers who have purchased the product.